If you’re a wine producer, importer, distributor, retailer or PR specialist and you’re looking to spread the word about your favourite bottle or brand, this page is for you. Like every sane person in the world faced with the offer of free wine, I will gladly accept samples for review on Pop & Pour, and I would be honoured to have the chance to provide my take on any new or interesting bottle anyone cares to send my way. Here’s my promise as to how your wine will be handled:
1. I will actually drink the whole thing. I won’t base any reviews on half a glass or a sip-and-spit.
2. I will be honest. Presumably the only reason why somebody would want to send a sample to PnP in the first place is that this site has built up some shred of credibility with the online reading audience, and I will be true to that trust in my write-up and treat a sample bottle no differently than any other I open. HOWEVER,
3. If I try your wine and am just simply not a fan, I will give you the choice about whether a review runs or not. This way I can maintain the integrity of the site without unnecessarily hammering on someone who was nice enough to share the product of their livelihood with me at no charge.
4. I will run the review fairly soon after receipt of the sample. You won’t send me something and then wonder half a year later where the review went.
5. I will specify in the write-up that the bottle was a sample provided for review purposes to ensure full transparency in the process.
For shipping/pickup details, or to otherwise get ahold of me with respect to providing samples to Pop & Pour, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or get ahold of me on Twitter (@petervetsch). I look forward to hearing from you!